The 3 steps to study in Canada for free in 2023
We invite you to discover in this post, the 3 steps to study in Canada for free for European, Canadian and international students in 2023.
Canadian universities are considered to be the universities with the most foreign students in their teaching.
Indeed, Several Canadian universities offering scholarships in Canada for international students to permit them to study for free.
By the way, students who wish to study in Canada do not necessarily have financial means to pay for their studies.
But, this is not really a big problem for some students.
Indeed, some students can go to study in Canada for free.
Moreover, the best way to study in Canada for free is to apply for a scholarship to a Canadian university.
These free scholarships in Canada mainly come from :
- Universities in Canada
- Government scholarships in Canada
- For-profit and non-profit organizations
- Foundations in Canada
In addition, these scholarships in Canada can cover :
- Up to 100% of tuition fees
- Student housing costs
- Student Insurance
- University supplies
- Can cover other expenses related to studies in Canada
Indeed, if you are planning to study for free in Canada, finding a scholarship is considered the best way to achieve this.
So, let’s find out more details about how can you study in Canada for free in 2023?
The 3 steps to study in Canada for free in 2023
To study in Canada for free, the best method is to find a scholarship in a Canadian university.
Scholarships in Canada can cover up to 100% of study costs, specially with full Canadian scholarships.
But, obtaining a scholarship in Canada will considerably reduce your study costs at Canadian universities.
Thus, to be able to study in Canada for free, you must know certain points, namely :
- Search among the best scholarships in Canada
- Conditions to study for free in Canada with a scholarship
- Find a scholarship in Canada according to your level of study
1. Search for scholarships in Canada
Canadian universities and organizations offer hundreds of scholarships in Canada for Canadian, European and foreign students.
So, these scholarships are open to Canadian, European and international students preparing their degrees and awarded based on their demonstrated academic merit.
Therefore, to get an idea about scholarships in Canada, here are some of the best full Canadian scholarships, namely :
- Toronto university Scholarships
- University of Guelph scholarships
- Quebec University scholarships
- University of Ottawa scholarships
- Ontario University scholarships
- MacEwan University scholarships
- Montreal University scholarships
These scholarships in Canada can cover up to 100% of the cost of studies in Canadian universities.
Each scholarship has its own conditions and requirements to obtain it.
We advise you first to discover the rest of the best full scholarships in Canada.
In addition, we suggest that you find the scholarship in Canada according to the diploma you intend to prepare.
So, here are the scholarships in Canada according to your level of study :
- Full Bachelor scholarships in Canada
- Full Master scholarships in Canada
- Fully funded PhD’s scholarships in Canada
Then, to be able to study in Canada for free, we suggest that you contact the organization that offers the scholarship to check your eligibility.
2. Conditions to study in Canada with a scholarship
To be able to apply for a scholarship in a Canadian university, you must have an idea of the conditions required to apply for this scholarship.
Indeed, scholarships in Canada are not given to everyone.
Moreover, these scholarships are open to Canadian, European and international students preparing their degrees and awarded based on their demonstrated academic merit.
To study for free in a Canadian university, you must meet certain conditions, namely :
- Find a university in Canada that offers scholarships
- Find the specialty that suits you in the Canadian university
- Apply for university in Canada
- Demonstrate your real financial need to obtain a scholarship
- Have an excellent academic record
- Meet the academic and linguistic criteria
- Be accepted to study at this Canadian university
- Have sent your complete application file during the opening period of the call
Other entry conditions may be required to benefit for scholarship in Canada.
Thus, we advise you to contact the organization that offers this scholarship for more details.
Each scholarship has its own requirements.
This is why you have to know how to send a request for a university scholarship.
The scholarship website should give you an idea of who is eligible for the scholarship and how to apply.
Read the application form carefully, complete it completely, and adhere to the application deadlines.
Indeed, you should look for the means required to apply for the scholarship in Canada.
If you have made sure you have picked the right scholarship, it is time to prepare your application.
Most of the time, you will need to prepare the following documents to apply to a scholarship in Canada :
- Copy of your passport or your ID
- Cover letter
- Transcripts and Bachelor’s degree (if applicable)
- Transcripts and Master’s degree (if applicable)
- Letter(s) of recommendation(s)
- Language certificate (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS)
- You sometimes need to provide examples of your past work
Of course, each scholarship has its own specificities and required documents.
However, each scholarship has its own procedure for applying.
But, in general, there are two ways to submit a scholarship application:
- Apply for an online scholarship on the university’s website.
- Apply for a scholarship via email.
Of course, each scholarship has its own specificities and application methods.
So do not hesitate to contact the organization offering the scholarship for more information about the application methods.
Thus, to conclude our article, we have presented for you, the 3 steps to study in Canada for free for European, Canadian and international students in 2023.
As we mentioned before, to be able to study in Canadian University for free, the best method is to find a scholarship.
Scholarships in Canada can cover up to 100% of study costs.
Indeed, scholarships can easily allow you to study abroad for free.
Generally, to apply for a scholarship, you must be admitted to the university offering this scholarship.
Indeed, you must have an idea on 2 other information :
Furthermore, you should note that if the application dates are closed, you must wait until the next reopening of applications.
So, do not hesitate to contact the university or organization that offers the scholarship of your choice to ask for more information.